1305 SW 12th Ave.
Portland, OR 97201
Consul Mr. Francisco Maass holds a degree in Law from the National Autonomous University of Mexico, with formal studies in Master Business Administration from the Autonomous Technological Institute of Mexico.
He has worked over 19 years in public service, having served as Federal Undersecretary of Tourism, General Director of Planning and Institutional Innovation of the Attorney General's Office, General Director of Investigations of the Federal Competition Commission and General Director Deputy Inspection and Monitoring of the Federal Telecommunications Commission, among others.
In the field of teaching, he was Professor of Economic Competition of the Autonomous Technological Institute of Mexico.
On July 7, 2016, he was appointed as Head of Post at the Consulate of Mexico in Portland, Oregon.
Quick Facts & Resources:
- Embassy of Mexico in the United States: https://embamex.sre.gob.mx/eua/index.php/en/
- Embassy of the United States in Mexico: https://mx.usembassy.gov/
- Mexico Tourism Board: http://www.cptm.com.mx/acerca-cptm?language=en
- Portland-Guadalajara Sister City Association: http://www.pgsca.com/
The Consulate of Mexico in Portland was established in July 15th, 1996 and our Jurisdiction covers all Oregon Counties except: Wallowa, Union, Baker and Malheur, and three Washington Counties: Clark, Skamania and Klickitat.
Documentation for Mexican Nationals
- Passports and matrícula consular (ID cards)
- Civil register (birth, death, marriage)
- Power of attorney
- Tax exempt exportation of household goods
Documentation for Non-Mexican Nationals
Protection and Legal Affairs
- Immigration matters
- Criminal cases
- Employment and Labor Rights
- Family Law
- Human Rights
- Administrative matters
- Community Engagement: mobile consulates, information campaigns, migrant-focused conferences, engagement with community leaders and community development programs
- Education: binational teachers exchange, Spanish textbooks for children in elementary school, on-site continuing adult education and distance learning for High School and University
- Health Care: on-site health stations Ventanilla de Salud, binational health week, vaccination campaign
- Financial: formal banking, personal finances, business start-up, remittance transfers, entrepreneurial talent network